My kids might eat more than I do. Okay, I know that's not true, but they are seriously growing at alarming rates, and they are hungry.all.the.time. Henry averages two breakfasts, two lunches, a snack and dinner. Sam doesn't put up quite a show at lunch and dinner, but the kid can down breakfast tacos like an adult male.
All this to say, I often wonder how I will keep them fed when they are teenagers. And what happens if I add another boy to that mix? All I know is that I think my future will include a lot of m-e-a-t. I had to make the decision to stop buying organic eggs because we use seven eggs at breakfast in one sitting.
A month ago, I went winter clothes shopping for Henry because (sad day) the hand-me-downs we get from my sister/nephew are now too small for Henry upon arrival. I bought his new clothes big, not really on purpose but because he was between sizes, and now - one month later- they fit perfectly. I'm telling you he is getting bigger before my eyes.
Speaking of growing up, Sam is going to start preschool in December, which means that I will have Tuesdays all-to-my-self-oh-my-goodness-really? I'm excited though because these days, Sam whimpers when we drop Hen off at school, and I think he will feel like a major big boy getting to go too. The kid wants to do and say everything his brother does. Your wish has been granted, Sammy boy.
Okay, but back to original topic. You may remember that I don't really LOOOOOVE breastfeeding (and that's an understatement). You may remember that I had no choice but to go the full year with Henry, so I quit early with Sam (6 months) while I had the chance. Well, considering my grocery bill these days, I think my goal with #3 will be to go as long as he or she will let me. Woo hoo! (And by "as long as he or she will let me" I do not mean longer than a year because even though I'm weird, I have to draw some lines.)
Okay. I feel like I just had a five-paragraph-long conversation with myself. Goodnight.
1 comment:
I feel this way about Davis, so I can only imagine how it is with two boys!!
Post a Comment