Hello all! Happy Thanksgiving! In the spirit of the season, here are a few things I am particularly thankful for this year.
1. Friends. God has taught me this year more than ever what it truly means to be a friend - to not just need people, but to love people, and to bear with people when they don't live up to my expectations, and to let them bear with me when I do the same. So this year, I am thankful for new friends and old friends. Thankful that I have people to show love to and people who show God's love and grace to me.
2. Renewed freedom from all things re: body image and food. You've heard me reference this a couple of times, but having found some freedom in this area has been monumental for me. And I still have room to grow! Without a doubt, living without this extra burden has made this year particularly sweet, and I am thankful.
3. Jesus and his cross. I think it means more to me each year than it did before. This verse particularly has stood out to me lately, "You were ransomed.. not with imperishable things like silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot." 1 Peter 1:18-19. I just can't get over it! I love it so much that I wish everyone could/would feel the relief of believing that they are fully accepted by God, not because they have tried hard enough, or been good enough, or felt sorry enough, but because God loved them enough to pay for all their wickedness with the precious blood of his Son Jesus!! That old rugged cross makes everything else in life sweet and meaningful. I want to rest in this every.single.day.
Of course this is not all-inclusive, but these are the specific things that made this year sweet to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment