Monday, January 20, 2014

a little bit of this and that...

Hey hey!  Today (and most days recently) I haven't had anything major to share (and that is my one, pitiful reason for not posting), so I thought today I'd share some of the little thoughts that have been roaming around in my mind.

Last week I took Henry and Sam to get a haircut, and when it was over after twenty minutes and 40 big ones, I decided I need to take the plunge and purchase some of my own haircutting tools.  The boys' hair may get botched a few times at first, but I am determined to learn, especially with boy #3 on the way.  Cause honestly, $40 every 6-8 weeks, is ludicrous.  When I get good enough, I will cut Matt's hair too.  Thanks to my friend, Erika for the inspiration.

Nesting.  It's such a strange phenomenon.  I feel like I am nesting more than EVER with this third child.  Weird or normal?  I feel like I hear stories of the third kid getting the raw end of deal and ending up in a closet turned nursery more often than not.  Although I will admit, most of my nesting doesn't have much to do with his future room at all.  I haven't gotten there yet.  Perhaps I can do a picture post when I am all finished to show all the changes we have made, yes?  Yes!

Lastly, I have been thinking about this verse a lot the last few days.  "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." (Ephesians 4:29)  What if my goal in every single interaction was to build up the people I am in contact with and to give them grace?  I think about how often my words are either self-focused, or even worse, they tear down or create burdens instead of giving people grace. (And sometimes especially with the people I am closest to like Matt and the boys.) This verse has just got me thinking about how much I want the reality of what Jesus has done in giving me grace to be bent out to others in my interactions.

Well, that's it for this Monday.  Oh, except that I am now 26 weeks pregnant today! 14 weeks to go.

2 comments:

Melissa Mezger said...

I totally cut Blake's hair and I don't think I do a terrible job, so maybe we can do it together next time. : ) Yay for nesting! I am right there with you and I definitely want to see pictures of your projects!

Courtney Squillante said...

That's impressive. I am most definitely NOT nesting (and feeling so guilty about it). Thanks for the verse- I should make that my verse for the year.