Good morning!! My bladder woke me up at 3 AM. When I was finally falling back asleep around 4:15 AM, Henry's bladder woke me up, and when I wasn't asleep by 5 AM with the alarm set for 6 AM, I
decided I would go ahead and try to function on four hours of sleep
today. So here we are.
Note: I was LITERALLY just telling some friends (on New Year's Eve) about how Henry has only had ONE pee pee accident at night since being potty trained. Then lo and behold, 4:15 am. That's what we get for not enforcing potty time before bed last night. And for bragging? It wasn't supposed to be a brag, but whatever.
Anywho. Yesterday, Henry said, "Mom is your tummy getting REALLY REALLY REALLY big?" My response, "I don't know, is it?" Henry: "Yes!" Then our convo continued...
Mom: "Henry, what should we name the baby if it's a boy?"
Henry: "Josh." (Oh yes, he has been stuck on the name Josh for about 2 months now. Came up with it all on his own, or with the help of the Veggie Tales story, "Josh and the Big Wall.")
Mom: "What should we name it if it's a girl?"
Henry: "NO! It's going to be a boy! I want there to be FOUR boys." (That would be Matt, Henry, Sam, and this baby- Josh - who will absolutely not be named Josh.)
Mom: "What about me? If it's a boy, then mommy has to be the only girl.
Henry: "No, this one will be a boy. The NEXT time you have a baby in your tummy, it can be a girl." (Thanks for giving your permission.)
So Henry without question is convinced it is a boy named Josh. I did, however, ask him, "What will you do if it is a girl?"
"I will share my trains with her."
So sweet. Although, based on how well you share with Sam, I am not sure if I believe you...
Since I had some extra time this morning, I decided for the fun of it (and for the sake of this blog post) to take a gender prediction test. I must let you know that I put absolutely NO hope in this test.
The results? Supposedly I have a 33% chance of having a boy and a 66% chance of having a girl. Disclaimer: I made up answers to questions like "When you hold a string with a needle over your tummy what does it do?" Because as they say, "Ain't nobody got time for that." (A needle on a thread held over your belly moves in circles, so you will have a boy.) Apparently my answer moved me less in favor of a girl...
You should also know that at my 12 week ultrasound the tech "GUESSED" that I was going to be having a boy. At first, I took her at her word (and cried), but then after hearing story after story after story of early ultrasound predictions (16 weeks and prior) gone wrong, I decided to not put any stake in that guess either. The lady did admit that because of my retro-verted uterus, she had a pretty hard time getting a good look. And also, they "guessed" that Henry was a girl at the 12 week ultrasound, also admitting that the view was not the best. They guessed that Sam was a boy at 12 weeks and they were right. I mean, they do have a 50/50 chance of being correct, right? Let's not give them too much credit.
Regardless, as you know, I have come to terms with either a boy OR a girl, and at some moments have EVEN thought to myself that I'm not really sure I even want a girl anymore. I have gotten to the point where I will be sad if it is not a boy today (and also sad if it is not a girl).
Here's to hoping we get a really confident 23.5 week look!
Side note: I can count on one hand the nights that I have had insomnia this pregnancy... which is a BIG change from my other two pregnancies, where I was basically nocturnal.
1 comment:
I can't wait to hear what you are having!!!!!!
Post a Comment