Tuesday, January 28, 2014

to what shall I compare this ice day?

Yeah, I know I just wrote a post about contentment.  But let's keep it real over here.  Today is our second "ice day" in a week.  The first was Friday, which was bad because we were stuck at home, but not too bad because no plans were really canceled.  But today.  Today is Tuesday.  Today is my only day of the week where both boys are scheduled to be in school at the same time. 

I realize I perpetuate my suffering the longer I deny reality and think, "It wasn't supposed to be this way."  Cause, you know, it was supposed to be this way, or else it wouldn't have been...

Nevertheless, humor is an effective way to deal with pain, so I ask the question, "To what shall I compare this ice day on the only day of the week where I am kidless?"  How can I accurately describe how I feel?

The pictures that come into my head are similar to the ones on Pinterest and around the internet with the theme, "The reason my toddler is crying."  I think these do the trick:

That was Sammy this summer.

This is Hen in Oct of 2010.
You're welcome.  Now I will go enjoy my reality.  Hope your day is pleasant.

No comments: