Monday, April 7, 2014

37 Week Bump Update

How Far along? 37 Weeks.  This is officially a "term" baby.  Unfortunately, I have been doing what I always do, which is think that 37 weeks magically means that the baby could come any day, and that's just an RX for suffering.  What I need to do is 1- get emotionally prepared and then 2- stay busy and keep my mind off of when this thing may go down.

Total weight gain? At my last appointment, my weight stayed the same from the previous appointment, which means that I am pretty much on target to weigh what I weighed at the end of pregnancy #1 and #2.  Moral of the story: your body does what it is supposed to do because all of these pregnancies have been pretty different as far as my diet and exercise go.

Belly measurements? Umm, am I supposed to measure this?  All I know is that at my 36 week appt last week, my fundal height was exactly 36 cm.  If this question is asking the circumference of my belly, then this question is officially dumb.

Maternity Clothes? Yes, I am ready to burn them.  Thank you for asking.

Stretch marks? No new ones yet, but I am not holding my breath.  I don't remember exactly when I got them with H and S, but I know it's towards the end, and like I said, not expecting anything otherwise.

Sleep? I usually have two or three good nights followed by two or three bad nights where I am just up, meandering about the house, usually eating or doing something totally NOT worthwhile.  Or googling.

Best moment this week? Gosh, that's a tough one.  This past 37th week was a really good week.  I am really treasuring the family time we've spent reading books to the boys (in their shared bedroom) the last couple of nights.  Henry is really into the Jesus Storybook Bible, and Sam has been more snuggly.

Miss anything? Why, yes.  I miss not being pregnant.  I remember after Sam was born for a few weeks I would say out loud, "I'm not pregnant anymore!"  It was SO nice.  As much fun as it is to have a baby taking up residence in my abdomen, I know I will be so much happier to have him here... and things like walking up the stairs and bending over to pick something up off the floor will not seem so daunting.

Movement? Jack seems to be super active.  I told Matt that I don't remember the other two being quite so active, and he told me that he thinks I say that every time.  I do think I am in trouble, as he always gets fidgety as I am laying down to sleep.

Food cravings? Actually, yes.  In the second trimester, I wanted protein and veggies and fruits.  But NOW... now I just want carbs and cheese.  Really.  And hot food.  It's weird how all the stuff I was enjoying just a few weeks ago seems repulsive to me now.  So I've been eating WAY more pasta, pizza, and also more sweets and sugar in general.  Maybe the baby is sending signals that it wants to put on the LBs... so eat up mama.

Anything making you queasy or sick?  Yes. Here's the downside to the previous question - I feel sick after any and every "big" meal.  It's weird, and I don't remember this feeling in the 3rd trimester in my other pregnancies. Honestly, I think Jack may be sitting a little higher than the other two did... so he's bombarding my stomach space... large meals = I really do want to barf if I eat too much.  

Labor Signs? Really not much.  At my 36 week appt last week, there was no signs of progress.  I have the occasional braxton hicks, and some crampy feelings, but nothing to indicate that labor is nearing.

Current Symptoms? Sciatica/Nerve Pain... like it's AWFUL, braxton hicks, occasional acid reflux (but it seems to have gotten better), breathlessness, sleepless nights, back pain and I'm not sure if this is a "symptom," but I feel pretty absent-minded... like I can't concentrate on one thing for long.

Belly button in or out? Out, and Henry and Sam think it is so weird. I guess they're right about that.  

Wedding rings on or off? Off.   And I haven't even tried to wear a fake one this time.  I just walk around letting people think I'm the next teen mom.

Happy or moody most of the time? Umm, I am definitely sensitive and emotional.  I'm not sure.  I am not as moody as I was from about week 30-36, and I think that's because I know we are SO CLOSE.  But I am physically much more exhausted.  So I will say I am happy, with bouts of emotion that ranges from feelings of frustration and impatience to the aforementioned weepiness.
So that's that!  While I would be so glad not to be pregnant like TOMORROW.  I do not feel mentally prepared to have this baby yet.  I am praying that I would go into labor naturally (verses being induced), and I am trying to do what is not natural for me, which is wait on God's timing with contentment and patience.  Here's to three more weeks!  Tomorrow is my 37 week appointment.  Sorry I have no belly pic today.  I will maybe add it later.

1 comment:

Melissa Mezger said...

Yay to being full term!!! And good documenting, I have already forgotten all this. Oh, and love the name. : )