Friday, April 18, 2014

I was just cruisin' along until...

You know you're getting to the crazy, insane part of pregnancy when you actually consider typing "When will I go into labor?" into the Google search bar.  So far I have refrained, but I'm not saying it won't happen.

For me, I was so content still being pregnant... literally, I talked to my doctor, and we decided that if my body is showing signs that it is ready, we will induce ON my due date, the 28th.  And I've been fine with that.

Until my body started doing weird stuff.  Like some weird feeling Braxton Hicks that kept coming.  And then all of the sudden my thoughts go from, "I can ride this thing out till next Monday" to "Is this it? Am I in labor? Will today be the day?"  If you want to know how to make 10 days of pregnancy feel like 60 days, the answer is to pay very close attention to everything that happens in your body and then try to figure out what it all means.

Also don't go to Google.  Once again, I think I have a subconscious (or conscious) fear that Matt will have to deliver our child on the side of the road.  Realistic since we truly live 5 min from the hospital.  I get on these forums and start reading stories like, "I didn't feel any pain until I was 8 cm!"  It doesn't actually help that I know THREE real live people who a) had hardly any labor pain until around 5 cm or b) had contractions that felt completely different with their second child than their first so they didn't realize they were in labor, or c) went from like 2 cm to 10 cm in an hour.

Okay, and late night insomnia is great for getting on Pinterest and searching things like "natural labor induction techniques."  As if I didn't memorize those in my last pregnancies.  And let's be honest, I am too chicken to try most of them.  Like I said, this is when the crazy, insane part comes out.

But if I'm being totally honest, this is the most sane I've been at almost 39 weeks. I think.  In the sense that EVERY SINGLE THOUGHT has not been "When is this baby coming?"  Thank goodness for other children, for friends, for stuff happening outside of myself so that I actually have other things to focus on besides this pregnancy. (Although you probably couldn't tell based on the blog posts recently.  Sorry, not sorry.)

Anyway, we had some yard guys come get leaves out of our shrubs on Wednesday, and the house deep-cleaning people just left my house (the ones Matt hired as an anniversary gift), so now the yard and the bathrooms and the ceiling fans are fresh and just begging for a newborn baby to arrive!! Yay!

Okay.  I'm done with the ramble.  I am so excited to celebrate Easter and have a laid back family weekend, and I am so excited to just ride out this last week because I have DECIDED that I will not live my last pregnant minutes in baby-psycho-anticipation-labor mode.  I never liked surprises, but if he comes early, I'll just have to deal with it!  Here's some preggo pics of me recently- for your pleasure.  You're welcome.

Jenna and Ashley hosted a little baby shower dinner for me and Jack. :)  Ash and I are due the same week.

Ashley and I showed up to Jenna's 30th Bday celebration in the same maternity shirt.  As you can see, light colors make me look like Frosty the Snowman a little more pregnant.

Last night we celebrated Sally and baby Abe.  Sally and I have had all of our babies (minus her very first) within about a month of each other.  She is due about 5 weeks after me this time too!  We were matching.  Also, I can't believe it's been like 8 years since I've known this group of girls!  Plus more for Sal and Amber.

Jenna's Bday Celebration!

I took this selfie to try to determine if Jack had dropped at all or not... but here it is.
Baby bump love.  Sally's looks like she just stuck a little mini-soccer ball in her dress.  Are you actually pregnant Sal?
Here's the original for good measure.  This is with Henry and Lucy!

Photo bomb in the background.  What are we doing?  Somehow I think I was supposed to be putting my hand on her belly, but we got this instead. ;)
Okay last thing and then I am really done.  If there's one thing you can count on when I am pregnant, it's that my hair color WILL change.  Maybe that's not ONLY when I am pregnant.  Nevertheless... about 6 weeks ago I went in for a hilight, which I thought was going to be my last hoorah before baby... but it got too light, so I went the TOTAL OPPOSITE direction, and am back to being a "brunette with dark blonde highlights."  I don't have much to say about that except that it happened... and it HAS happened in each and every pregnancy.  Truly.  Okay I'm done.

Happy Good Friday/ Easter!  Till next time.