Thursday, October 2, 2008

the day my mom got on facebook

Today goes down in history.

Yes. You read it right. My mom is now on Facebook. Speechless? Yeah, me too.

For about six months now we have forbidden her from doing this very thing. I got the dreaded phone call about fifteen minutes ago...

"It's peer pressure, Leah," she explains, after naming all of her friends that have hopped on the Facebook bandwagon. "Don't worry, I won't ask you to be my friend," she assures me.

Mom, I am not worried. It's just that now you are one of those moms, whoever they are.

I remember when it was weird that people my sister's age were joining. My sister is 5 years older than me. She still is not on Facebook.

Disclaimer: My mom is much nicer and sweeter than I am. Most everyone that I know of thinks she is just "so cute." Those will be the people that think this is funny.

In the meantime, I will try not to get too embarrassed when my empty-nester mom and her friends do empty-nester mom things. This includes Facebook, which I suppose is now one of those things.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I've managed to hold my mom off...I pretty much told her she didn't need to be one of "those moms." And she agreed. I think she secretly wants to though. :-P

Unknown said...

Wow. This is semi-unbelievable.

Tracy's Porch said...

I am laughing. This so does not surprise me.

I rolled my eyes at Dale when he got on Facebook. He is still pressuring me to do it and I just don't want to. I am very happy with just blogging.

I do think it is cute that Aunt Becky did it. I am sure Dale will ask her to be his friend.

Honey said...

MOFB Rule!!!!
moms on face book rule! say all my "mature" friends who are on facebook!