I spent some quality time with the Lord this morning, and as I was with Him, this sentence sort of spewing out of my heart without fear, "Whatever it takes, God! Whatever it takes to please you, to have more of you... I'll take whatever you've got for me."
God doesn't call his people to easy things. His word is clear. Those who desire to live a godly life WILL be persecuted. (2 Timothy 3) We are called to get our hands dirty for the sake of the gospel.
"Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?" (Isaiah 58)
Light has to invade darkness. God is calling his people, his light, to invade the darkness. We have to take the light of the knowledge of the glory of God go to dark places and to dark people.
The call of the gospel puts a lot of things at stake: your health, your reputation, your safety, your dignity, your life. Let's not be naive; it's a scary thing.
But there's something else that's much scarier to me. Losing the favor and presence of God. There's nothing worse than that. As long as I have God, I have everything I could ever need or want. I'll take God at any cost.
I KNOW that there will be times in days ahead that this will be much harder to say than it is right now. But I believe God is going to continue to pull us through the friction of those times until we arrive again at this resolve: "Anything for more of You." God can do ANYTHING with that heart.
Things to take away from this:
1. If you don't presently feel like you're able to give everything for God, but you know and believe that He is worth it. Pray. Pray. Pray! Pray the prayer in Mark that says, "I believe. Help my unbelief!" Pray that God would change your heart. He loves to change hearts.
2. If you're on board, then continue to trust Him. Don't step ahead of him, trying to come up with your own sacrifices. Wait for him to move first. "[He] will guide you continually." (Isaiah 58)
2 comments:
Leah,
Your faith encourages me. Thanks for sharing! Donna
thanks leah!
yes...i'm just a little barrel of surprises.
:-P
i can't wait for dinner tonight! love ya!
Post a Comment