Tuesday, October 21, 2008

the joy of cooking

Recently, Matt and I started working through this marriage questionnaire that a friend had sent me. The gist of it is that you ask each other questions about your marriage, so you can identify any behavior to improve on, etc. It's basically a tool to open up communication.

So Matt and I were sitting at Rudy's one Saturday morning, as is our weekly custom, going through this survey. And all was well until we got to question 11.

"Name one way I serve you that brings you great joy."

Hmmm.

Matt's answer? "It brings me great joy when you cook dinner."

Leah's reply, "daaaanng it." Haha.

Next question.

"Are there specific ways that I can serve you that I am not already doing?"

Matt: "You could cook dinner."

Leah: Sigh.

What is this "joy of cooking" I hear people speak about, and where in the world can I find it?

2 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

I do it but seldom find joy in it so I am probably no help to you.

There is a place here called What's For Dinner-The Studio Kitchen and I go pick up freshly made meals that they freeze. I pop them in my freezer and then pull them out and cook them - add a veggie or salad and voila, I have a "home" cooked meal for my family. Love it!!!! Try it! you can either go in and asemble the meals yourself or pay 410 extra to have them do all the work for you. I think the extra ten bucks is money well spent :-)

Honey said...

Are you sure that you are my daughter?