Saturday, November 1, 2008

blogging is therapeutic

I finally remember what it's like to get my hopes up again. I reeeeeeeeeeally don't like Texas Tech... at all. And I REALLY don't like Alabama. And as my grandmother pointed out, Mike Leech looks like a parrot...an ugly parrot. So not only for Matt's sake, but also for my own sake, I really wanted Texas to win tonight. Normally I would sit on the couch and try really hard not to get my hopes up. I'd normally make pessimistic comments about how Texas will screw up and yada yada. This saves me from having to be embarrassed or disappointed. But tonight I went all out for the Burnt Orange. And now I remember what it feels like to be disappointed. Deep breath. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile Matt and our friends Evan and Jess got a glimpse of what it might be like when I have a child playing sports. I might pull my hair out at little league games. My kids will probably have to cry to Matt when they lose in sports. I will make them do pushups when they lose.

I need to go to sleep.

6 comments:

the Boss said...

Parrots are beautiful people.

the Boss said...

Parrots are beautiful people.

Tracy's Porch said...

I'm still upset this morning.

I think Dale said it best last night when he said they may have won the game but the joke is on them because they still live in Lubbock.

Honey said...

I was mad, too now Alabama is #1....and you have several years to therapize yourself before your kids play sports

Jen said...

seriously leah, i was dying. that was one of the best fabulous moment's i've had, but unfortunately one of the hardest to convey through writing. this kid was so odd. i think you should join in the monday's fabulous moment fun. :)

Kelsi said...

hahaha, now it my turn to tell you to calm down!