Saturday, November 15, 2008

this needs to be told

I was reminded of a story the other day that I have yet to blog about, but it is totally worthy.

A few months ago, I picked Matt up after work to go to a meeting for church that was really close to his office. The meeting started at 7, lasted till 8:30 or so, and then after it was over we went to Jason's Deli for a fancy dinner date. After dinner, I dropped Matt back off at his office so that he could drive his own car home.

I left, drove home, and started putting the laundry away. About ten minutes after I got home, I started to wonder what was taking Matt so long, but I didn't try to call him or anything. Twenty minutes later I heard the doorbell ring. I opened the door, and our friend/neighbor, Justin, was standing there.

Justin: "You need to go pick up Matt; he left his keys in your car."

Leah: "Are you serious?"

Justin: "Yes."

Leah: "Dang it, Matt!!!!"

Justin: "Sorry."

So I checked my phone and, sure enough, I had missed about 5 calls from Matt while it was on silent. I drove 10 minutes back to Matt's office to find him sitting there- pitifully locked outside of his office and his car. These types of things are normal occurrences for us.

2 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

This sounds like something that would happen to us also. Was he mad at you?

Honey said...

Poor Matty,
I love him because I know that he was sweet to you and not mad.
That is just "life in the big city"
happens to all of us!
Love you,
Mom/Honey