It's not often I cook something almost totally from scratch - or something with more than 5 ingredients, as you may well know. A good dinner in the Gibson house usually equates to of a piece of meat or fish with a side of veggies and bread. Fortunately, Matt and I are both satisfied with a simple menu. (Note: Matt's diet in college consisted of spaghetti, mac n cheese, and turkey sandwiches. Very appetizing.)
Anyway, tonight our Nearly-Newly Married Group is coming over, and we are having a pot-luck of sorts. However, this is not your typical potluck. After almost three months of meeting twice a week with this group, I discovered that at least two of the girls (and their fiances, by default) prefer to eat gluten-free. Since the start of our group I've tried all sorts of gluten-free desserts for the first time.
Anyway, tonight we are having lasagna. (Leave it to the church group to have a potluck with lasagna - how predictable!) My original plan was to take the easy way out and just buy a frozen one - totally my style. But just for grins, I googled "Gluten-Free Lasagna," and found a yummy-looking recipe at http://glutenfreemommy.com/lasagna.
The kicker? The recipe calls for like 18 ingredients!!! (And a little love... But either way, it's way outside my comfort zone.) Anyway, it's hard to believe, but after some thought, I decided it just doesn't feel right to serve my guests a frozen lasagna (with gluten) that takes no time and no love.
Oh my! Did I really just say that? Maybe I'm growing up. Maybe.
I'll let you all know how it goes! :)
2 comments:
Good luck! And, I want to have you guys over for dinner some time - but I don't "do" gluten-free, so I'm glad you're not on that diet :) I'll start stalking you after I start my job and plan something!
goodluck! make sure nothing "explodes" in the kitchen...i'm peering down at my cooking burns as i type.
someone i work with has to eat gluten free. there seem to be a lot of options out there for that diet!
Post a Comment