On Saturday night, I was driving along Duval Road from Mopac to 183. I was on my way to Rudy's to meet Matt and his fellow UT baseball fan friends for dinner since they had just gone to the game.
So I'm driving right along at about 40 mph, when I spot what seems to be a squirrel in the middle of the road. Thankfully, my eyes focus in time, and I realize it is not a squirrel it's a Chihuahua or a Mini Dachshund or something like that. So, I swerve just in time to miss the pup who at that point starts barking (my windows were rolled down).
YIKES. Thank the Lord I didn't hit that pup! But then I look in my rear view and I see a family on the sidewalk by the road trying to stop traffic and get the pup out of the road, and they have a kid and another dog with them. And then I see the doggy sort of dumbfounded, running back and forth in the middle of the street, barking, clearly terrified. And then what happens next is exactly what you don't want to happen next... :(
The car immediately behind me must not have seen the dog at all because he didn't even swerve. It was so sad. :( And I will just assume that after he felt the "bump" that he just assumed it was a squirrel because he didn't turn back, even with what I presumed to be the dog's family standing right there. Poor doggy. Poor family.
It's not everyday you witness a dog getting run over by a car. I'm sorry for telling this terrible tragedy on a Monday. It can't help if you have a case of the Mondays. I will have to redeem this with something funny perhaps?
2 comments:
I am so sad and sick to my stomach! :( And to think, that family watched with their own eyes their sweet pup get run over!!!
wow thanks for the pick me up. just kidding. kind of. that's so so so sad. this past super bowl sunday we saw a deer get hit and alex wasn't able to console me for hours.
Post a Comment