1. I attended Westwood High School's graduation last Wednesday night for the SEVENTH time in my life (1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009). This time we were there celebrating Matt's bother, Meyer, who you should know if you didn't skip my Family Friday posts which I haven't finished and which I know you are absolutely upset about. Don't worry, if Matt's family doesn't move, I will have gone to 10 WHS graduations by the time the rest of the Giblets graduate, and I will be singing "On The Edge of the West Horizon" with my W up until I die. Not really.
2. Of course, as usual, the graduation ceremony was held in the Frank Erwin Center down near
3. I know that I went to Texas A&M and Kyle Field is like the best thing we have to offer over there, and that I am technically supposed to be brainwashed and pour forth the same kind of affection as Matt does when we drive by
4. The other day I bought some cheap wine at the grocery store (gasp), and I got carded. You might think it's because I wasn't wearing make-up and because I look young, but I think I know the real reason, which was the other item I brilliantly decided to purchase at the exact same time... Want a hint? For starters, the last time you probably had this might have been when you were 10 years old. Give up? It was... FUN DIP. The flavored sugar that you eat with a candy stick? Yessir! Bam! I buy that goodness on a regular basis. Fun Dip and wine. Can you blame the woman for carding me? (Even though I go through the exact same lady's line every time. But whatev.)
5. The weather has been warming up, which means more bugs, which means... more lizards. And, in fact, I discovered that we have a couple of them living in our garage. I am actually okay with this, as long as they stay outside. After 2 years in our house, I no longer scream bloody murder at them when I see them like I did when we first moved in. The first summer we were in our house, we found at least 3 lizards INSIDE, not out... and one of those brave lizards decided it wanted to assault me when I was home by myself. I saw the lizard in my bathroom while I was on the phone with my BFF, screamed bloody murder, hung up with her, called Matt, and after screaming bloody murder for a few minutes and crying, he asked if I needed him to come home from work to get the lizard. After applying some problem solving skills, we decided that Justin, Matt's good friend and our neighbor, could come over and rescue me from the terrorizing perpetrator. In the meantime, I kept an eye on that lizard, and screamed every time it moved, because it obviously was trying to attack me. Justin showed up at the door a few minutes later, and I was terrified, holding back the tears. He got a plastic cup, scooped the little guy up, and let him go free outside. Game over. You need to know that I have an unrealistic fear of most every bug or crawling creature that can hop, skip, jump, or move really fast.
You're welcome.
3 comments:
Leah, I don't understand your fear of bugs and crawly creatures but I do understand your fear of mice.
You deserve a medal for going to all of the WWood graduations!
Leah!
I am shocked you aren't a better Aggie! That is what the Aggie family is all about...tsk tsk. ;)
#2 Aggies do not understand and will never understand why we love DKR field so much. :)
hooke'me horns!
Post a Comment