Friday, June 12, 2009

it's a twister!

Were you Austin people thinking about us last night? I bet you were. Why? Because there were tornadoes. Oh yes there were, and Matt was lovin' every minute of it.

Actually I can't lie, we were at a friend's birthday dinner downtown. We saw the rain start to pour and the lightening start to flash, but once the storm started to get bad, they actually boarded up the windows at the restaurant. Of course Matt loved this because it was dramatic.

However, I think he was secretly hoping that when we left the restaurant we'd be walking out to a disaster area... that didn't so much happen, but we got to walk in the rain to our car, so I think that sufficed.

Upon turning into our neighborhood, there were quite a few leaves on the ground. This rekindled Matt's hope to find at least a little evidence of weather drama.

"Oh man, look at that! It got bad over here!"

He's so presh isn't he? I love him.

(But sshhh - I don't think it got that bad.)

4 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

You can tell Matt that it looked like it was going to be bad here. We all went and sat in our "safe" room for about 20 minutes but it ended going a little more south of us. Our friends live by Lakeline and saw a funnel cloud. I bet he would have loved that!

Leah said...

You know, Tracy, we are a little south of you... perhaps it did get bad over here. :)

Leticia Ana said...

I won't lie, I TOTALLY was thinking about you guys. I'm always tempted to call you so you can ask Matt how severe it actually is. I'm no even kidding.

Brad and Katrina said...

My friend was at ZTejas at Avery Ranch and they moved people into the walk in refrigerator. How's that for drama?!