Sunday, September 6, 2009

last dream post

So, after reading some of your comments on my last post about dreams, I remembered a few more of my recurring dreams. I also had a few more dreams about my baby this weekend, and when I was recounting them to Matt, I remembered some that I have had in the last few months. Definitely worth sharing.

First of all, last night.

I dreamed that our baby was born early (like at 16 weeks, which would basically be next week). As you probably know, if our baby was born now, it wouldn't survive, but in my dream it survived. The thing is, in the dream, Matt and I didn't know that our baby had been born. We were in a waiting room where they just started handing out babies, and of course, since it was 24 weeks prior to the due date, we were very surprised to have our kid delivered to us.

*Side note. In this dream, the sex of the baby and the resemblance was the same as in my other dream about our child, which is making it more difficult for me to stay neutral on what I think it might be...

Anyway, Matt and I spent the rest of the dream carrying our baby around trying to find my doctor or a nurse who could tell us more about why our baby was born so early and why it survived.

*Another side note, at some points during the dream, as we were walking through hospitals and random buildings, we felt it necessary to "hide" our prematurely born child in a plastic grocery sack which also contained a couple pairs of tennis shoes.

When we finally found a nurse, she informed us that the reason our child survived was because of the expertise of our doctor, and that we were very fortunate he was our doctor because any other doctor would not have been able to save the child. Phew.

NEXT. "Beam me up, Mommy."

When sharing last night's dream with Matt, I remembered that earlier in pregnancy I had a dream that our child was delivered via "beam." Obviously it's weird, so let me explain.

I got to stay at home while I watched (on a beam TV screen) my baby be delivered by my doctor in the hospital where I was not present. Somehow, the child left my body and simultaneously appeared in the hospital room, Star Trek style. That was it.

Other recurring dreams.

In the last couple of years, I've dreamed that all my teeth are falling out. If you remember my dentist posts, then that might explain it.

Also, I have a dream that Matt and I are getting married (again), and that I am late for my wedding, or that I am at the church, and I can't find my dress, etc. I recently had this dream with a baby spin on it, but I'll spare you.

Finally, let me just brag that I dreamed I was pregnant before I actually knew for sure. In the past, my dreams have had a weird way of becoming reality. Be very afraid. Okay, enough about my dreams. New topic. Suggestions?

2 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

Yup, I have the teeth falling out dream. Freaks me out and I am alsways so happy when I wake up and still havemy teeth! Stress dream?

Can't wait to see if the gender of your baby matches your dream...

Honey said...

I have the teeth falling out dream also....it is so weird!