Matt and I decided last weekend that it was finally time to say goodbye to the weeds that have been living in our flower beds and replace them with actual flowers. Maybe we are nesting, or maybe we are actually growing up. But I'm sad to admit that we already killed some of the flowers. I will say that dead flowers still look better than weeds. We were really proud of ourselves for planting the flowers though.
It's really sad, but I think I have become as much of a wannabe meteorologist as Matt. I have gotten into a daily habit of checking up to three different websites to see the forecast and watch the radar. In addition to this, I watch the local news in the morning and the evening with the highlight obviously being the weather segment.
I don't know what happened. I think I became legitimately concerned that local authorities were going to forbid me from showering or something. (We are in a severe drought here in Austin, even after 48 straight hours of rain last week.) So it started with that, and I guess the change of seasons has left me hopeful to see something unexpected in the forecast (like a heat index of less than 100 or rain, to be specific).
Well, get excited, Austinites! A cold front coming in on Tuesday (first day of Autumn) will leave the highs in the mid 70s for Tues-Thurs!! We also have a decent chance of rain on Monday and Tuesday. (I've learned that 30% chance of rain or less doesn't mean anything.) Happy Fall!
2 comments:
Yea! We have had rain here every day since last Thursday, I believe.
I'll get you to check the weather for us also.
My Mary Kay's girl is named Cindy - is it the same one??
Post a Comment