Tuesday, May 4, 2010

And we're back... another post about not much

Tonight (this morning), baby waited till 4:50 AM to start crying. And as difficult as it is to sit and watch him scream on the baby monitor, it is much harder to go pick him up and try to sing him back to sleep (still no rocking chair), so we're just going to let the kid cry till I can't stand it anymore. Who's going to win? It's on, baby!

Who am I kidding? He always wins.

But you know, being at home with a baby all day makes me much less sensitive to this crying. It's much harder for Matt. He keeps trying to tell me that he's cold, needs a diaper change, etc. But Matt knows that if he goes in there, he will experience mom wrath, and so he is forced to grin and bear it.

Anyway, I'd like to go ahead and note that after 50 minutes of solid crying, he's backing down a little, and I just might win this little battle. Boo ya, baby.

I don't know what's worse, listening to the little guy wail or listening to Matt crunch his cereal. They both make me cringe and want to tear out the insides of my ears.

About the comment in my last post about wishing I had kids sooner- I'm sure if I did have kids 3 years ago, I would have said it was too soon and that I wish I would have waited. So, you know, maybe hindsight isn't 20/20. Little man came at the perfect time.

Well, it's been an hour, and he's back at it again. You think I can leave him there till 7 AM? If I can, I will count it a victory. I'll let you know how it goes. Till next time...

1 comment:

Honey said...

I thought you were supposed to pick him up after 2 minutes and rock him??