Saturday, February 12, 2011

I always welcome new blog material

I'm embarrassed because I admittedly read all of your blogs like, once a month... I mean, I catch up on all your posts really late. Anyway, I just saw that my friend and sorority sister, Courtney, tagged me for a blog award! The "Stylish Blog Award." Because if you all had to choose one word to describe me, my blog, or my house, it would definitely be stylish.

(By the way, Courtney, I also LOVED those silly survey e-mails back in the day. I didn't delete them either... I filled them out and sent them to ALL my friends. Believe it.)

When receiving this award, the rules are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Award ten great bloggers
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award

Okay. Do I have seven things to share about myself that you don't already know? I'll give it a whirl.

1. I play it "safe" in the fashion and decorating department. So "safe" that it turns out my entire closet is filled with solid, cotton, neutral-looking shirts and jeans. B-O-R-I-N-G= yes. My house is filled with neutral walls, neutral furniture, neutral decorations (if there are decorations). I didn't do this on purpose - it's the result of not knowing how to be cute and playing it safe. I'm working on it.

2. I really am a nerd. (I say "really" as if you guys can't haven't figured that out on your own.) I don't want to be a nerd, but it's just who I am. (P.S. I feel like Liz Lemon in the episode of 30 Rock where she was trying to be cool... do you know what I am talking about???)

3. February 2010 through today has been the unhealthiest year of my life. Maybe on February 27th (day after Henry's 1st bday) my exercise and somewhat healthy eating can commence. (Plus, I don't want Henry to see me ordering cheeseburgers from McDonald's when he can face front in his carseat. Bad example.)

4. Okay, you already know this, but I get warm fuzzy feelings when I think about labor and delivery. When I tell people that they think I am so weird, but honestly, it was one of the most exciting and fun days of my life. And I like epidurals. (Also, there's a billboard outside the hospital where I delivered and it's a picture of a pregnant lady and it says, "It's for Her and it's Here." It also gives me the warm fuzzies.)

5. The best compliment I EVER received... it was the summer after my senior year of high school, and to put it in simple terms, I was experiencing the love of Jesus like I never had before, and I was just extremely thrilled about it all the time. Anyway, I worked out at the gym pretty much daily, and one day when I walked in there the guy at the front desk told me that when I walked in there "the whole gym lit up." So maybe he was flirting, but I always remember that compliment. (Contrast that with a time post college when a co-worker told me I had a dark side. That I wish I could forget. Haha.)

6. We run the Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot every single year on Thanksgiving. But two years ago (2008), I cheated... I cut through a neighborhood and came out on the other side with all the really fast people. I wasn't wearing a timer, so I really only cheated myself. Nevertheless, I can be pretty stubborn if I don't feel up to doing something.

7. I don't know how normal or abnormal this is, but I talk to both my mom AND my mother-IN LAW on the phone almost every single day, sometimes multiple times a day. I think it's actually probably pretty strange. Only very rarely do I feel like we need to cut the cord and stop talking so much...

As for 10 bloggers, I love ALL of you. I tag all of you. Yes, you.

No comments: