Monday, February 28, 2011

my late night posts are becoming legendary

Okay, "legendary" might be an overstatement. But I can't tell you how many times I've posted when I really should have been sleeping. I usually end up re-reading the posts in the morning and find all sorts of typos and errors... then I'm too busy chasing Henry around to fix them... or to care.

I'm excited because the friend I referenced in my last post is in labor! I know how not fun it is to be 39 weeks pregnant and not be in labor, so I'm soooo happy for her... (Although, she doesn't know what it's like to be 40 weeks pregnant and not be in labor. I won't hold it against her.) :)

We had a small family birthday party for Henry this weekend, since he is officially ONE! I will post some pictures soon. We got some footage of Henry throwing his cake all over the floor, and it's taking up all of our hard drive space, so I'm going to have to fix that before I can get the pics uploaded! (Read: Might be a while.)

In other news, today was the first day that sweet little Henry did not get nursed. Bittersweet... even if I have been over it since... October? I had to remind myself of that "in the moment." I'm thinking by Tuesday he will have forgotten all about it. :( Baby's growing up!

Lastly, Matt and I have a marital debate for you to settle. Spitting your gum in the toilet to dispose of it... totally weird or totally normal? I'm not telling you which side either of us is on, but feel free to guess.

5 comments:

The Joiners said...

I'm going to go with totally weird! Maybe not so much weird as I would think a bad idea... seems to me like if you did it often enough, that gum could cause plumbing problems since it doesn't really dissolve that easily!

Amber said...

Totally weird! And surely that can't be a good idea for your plumbing! I am picturing a gigantic was of gum building up in your pipes that one day turns into a blockage and major overflow.

the blogivers said...

I'm going to have to ditto what Amanda and Amber said...

Anonymous said...

I am not so sure that "totally weird" are the right words... I am thinking more along the lines of totally gross. Because if you spit it in (rather than toss it), I would imagine there is a chance a slight splash in the water might come back on your face, near your mouth. And that would be just be yuck yuck yuck. Someone needs to nix the habit :-)

KD said...

I'm going to go with "totally weird" just because it seems strange to throw something solid away in the toilet when it could just go in the trash can. But then, if I stuck with that logic then I wouldn't be against flushing fish. Which I am kinda against now that I think about it, but I don't think it is THAT strange. So now, I'm not really sure what I think about the gum. I guess I'm going to stick with my first instinct and say weird. Sorry Leah if that's you. Sorry Matt if that's you. :)