Little bud woke up crying UNCONTROLLABLY at about 4 am. Determined not to give in, we let him cry for about 45 minutes, then when Matt and I were both miserable enough, we got him out of his cribbo... That's when you think the crying would stop, right? But NO.
We tried everything... food, singing, playing, rocking, praying, even a BATH (which calmed him down a little bit, but not much)... the kid was inconsolable. Which, as a parent, makes you feel pretty helpless and well... the mom in me was beginning to think that something was wrong. But nothing was wrong...
So our last resort was taking him for a drive while we played some of his kids worship music CDs. He was calm as soon as the music came on, and then after about 10 minutes he finally fell asleep. I drove around while H and Matt slept in the car. I know, that's a no no, but it beats inconsolable screaming.
Of course when 5:30 am finally rolled around (when Starbucks opened) I got some coffee. We came home, and successfully transferred Henry into our bed (thank you, Lord), where he and Matt are now sleeping. But I had coffee... so I am awake. Which means at about 2PM today, I am going to be REALLY sleepy.
This is when I start thinking thoughts like... "Who can I pay to take Henry on a walk today for about 1-2 hrs so that I can 1-sleep, 2-clean? Surely there is someone out there..."
Other things I think about when I can't sleep...
- rearranging the furniture in my house
-painting my house a different color and getting different furniture for my house
-getting a maid
-hiring an interior decorator
- could I cut out Starbucks and eating out if it meant I could have a maid/interior decorator/daytime babysitter?
-in Heaven, will there be monotonous chores like the laundry and the dishes and constantly putting things back where they belong? surely not... Surely Jesus can find a way to keep our clothes completely clean and to use plates and utensils that are perfectly recyclable and/or reusable, etc. That, OR, I will just miraculously enjoy that stuff in Heaven?
-maybe I will be artistic and have the ability to decorate things in Heaven
There's more, but if I write it all I might leave you w/ more questions than answers...
2 comments:
You are kind of a nutcase :) But I like that about you because I am, too! Hope the rest of your week is better!
Sweet Henry..Glad i got to hear him having fun at Target @ 9:45.
Get Tracy to decorate your house.
Post a Comment