Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Texas Pride?

As you may or may not know, Matt works in property management.  Today, he was somehow in charge of hanging up THE Texas flag on a flagpole at one of his properties down in good ol' Kyle, Texas.  (I'm still not sure why in the world he was doing that, but I digress...) Well, you also may or may not find it surprising that he started getting calls from very disgruntled homeowners today because the Texas flag had been hung upside down.  Don't mess with Texas, babe.  I know you didn't move here till 9th grade, but really?  (To be honest, I am one of those who does not find this story one bit surprising.)

While we mentioning noteworthy events of the day, let me add this one.  I took Henry to a sandbox today, which equated to sand in his hair, sand in his butt, sand all over his face, ears, etc.  So, he definitely needed a little bath before his nap time, which is not the usual routine.  I decided that it would be fun for him to play in the bath, and I could soak my feet in the tub and read a magazine until he started to act bored- which could literally take an hour.  As I was sitting there, reading my magazine, I literally thought to myself, "This is awesome!  We should have a bath-playtime every single day."  Until... I looked down into the tub and there was POOP. EVERYWHERE!!!  (Remember, my feet were in the tub.)  So that was lovely.

Here's to a not boring day.

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

Ha! That is awful. (The poop, not the flag incident.)

Honey said...

Matt is a man after my own heart!

sarah said...

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. To Texas pride and to poopy tub, and Leah's poopy feet. Like a mud bath, right? Kiss little H for me!