I cannot believe it's been a year since Henry had surgery for his craniosynostosis. At the time, we felt like the surgery was the big trial at hand, but now, we realize that the surgery was a MIRACLE! Without the miracle of that surgery... well, let's just say to think about how Henry's life (and ours too) would have been without the surgery... could bring me to tears if I let it. Jesus was good to us. To God be the glory, for sure.
Here are some pictures from that day in 2010. I still remember how sweet he was in the waiting room, even though we were pushed back hours and hours and he couldn't eat at all. It still makes me sad to think that he had no idea what was coming for him, but now we have the joy of knowing that it was definitely the BEST thing for him.
 |
| Side view of sweet head. |
 |
| He was such a happy baby! |
 |
| Fell asleep in daddy's arms before the surgery. |
 |
| Just after surgery, sleeping. I love this little man. |
We are glad to be celebrating a whole year later! In case you were wondering, our follow ups for Henry include semi-annual trips to the ophthalmologist to check for pressure on the brain (the first of which was successful), an annual follow up with the surgeon, and then starting when he is three, he will have to have CT scans annually. HOWEVER, I don't quite like the idea of that, so I am praying that there's a way we can space out those scans, or avoid most of them altogether.
Here's a picture of the side of Henry's head from a few days ago. We just got his haircut before this picture. You can only see tiny part of his scar right after he gets a haircut, and in this picture it's difficult to differentiate between what is blonde and what is the scar. The scar is the part closest to his ear - everything else (that stuff above it) is just blonde hair.
 |
| It definitely looks like he's having a real conversation in this picture. :) |
|
|
Thank you all for your love and support throughout that whole event last year. Happy Last Day of August!
4 comments:
Sweet, sweet Henry....
I can't believe it's been a year!! What a blessing! And that picture with his oxygen mask on totally made me cry... What a cutie!!
Hanky Poo-he's such a sweet little one. Give him a kiss for me.
I'm glad he's doing so great!!! I never had to have any follow up CT scans to my knowledge, especially yearly. I'm pretty sure I would have remembered at some point during my youth...
Post a Comment