Thursday, August 25, 2011

what a gift!

1. Guess what! After breaking the record for number of days the temperature has gotten over 100 this year, God gave us a break today and only made the temperature go up to 94 in Austin. Wow!  That's gift number 1. Tomorrow, however, we will most likely start again with day number 71 of 100+ temperatures.  I'm looking for the silver lining.

2.  Guess what else!!!  I passed my glucose tolerance test with "flying colors" according to my nurse Judy.  Since that was left via voicemail, I will have to call back and get my actual numbers, because I am interested to know what "flying colors" means.  Either way, I am thankful I'm not a diabetic.  And next time I get pregnant, I will ask to please skip the 1 hr screen because obviously it doesn't work. That's gift number 2.

There are thousands more gifts, but I'm thankful for those two things today. :)

No comments: