Tuesday, April 24, 2012

is it just me?

Today I got in the car after hanging out with my mom friends, and I looked in my mirror to see that my eyeliner had smudged all underneath my eyes.  No one told me.  And it wasn't like smudged in a natural way - it was more like someone had taken the eyeliner pencil and drawn a vertical line from the edge of my eye down towards my mouth (it didn't actually stretch that far, but you get what I'm saying?) Does that happen to anyone else or is it just me?  Usually if I am with Matt and something like that happens, and I say, "BABE! Why didn't you tell me I had eyeliner all over my eyes?"  He will then take a good, close look at my eyes and say, "Oh. I didn't notice."  Sweet husband, you are not observant, but I do love you a lot.

Speaking of husband. I am turning into my husband, who as you know, loses things like crazy.  The thing is, when he loses things he freaks out and gets really alarmed.  I used to keep my cool, knowing that whatever he "lost" was probably just under a piece of paper (or on the side of the road).  Friends, I am a different person after having two children.  Have I mentioned that I lost my original set of car keys on December 21st, and have yet to find them?  Today, I spent a good 25 minutes looking for my backup set... only to find them on the bathroom counter.  But I didn't keep my cool.  All I could think about was how if I didn't find them, I was gonna be stuck at home with two kids ALL. DAY. LONG. I prayed out loud that Jesus would help me find them, and he did. Thank you, Lord.

Have I told you that my iPhone doubles as a white noise machine for Sam?  I downloaded this incredible app that has white noise that I use to put Sam to sleep or keep him asleep when we are out and about (or when his older brother is being particularly rambunctious).  So, the white noise has literally become like background noise in our house - we are so used to it being on all the time... True story, I also spent almost half an hour looking for my phone a couple of weeks ago.  Never mind that I could hear the white noise in Sam's car seat AS I was looking for my phone... of course I felt really cool when I "found" it in Sam's seat.  Dumby dumb dumb.

Okay and here's another fun story.  Today (as in like 10 minutes ago), I went to grab a shirt out of the dryer (cause if I don't need to be putting new wet clothes in the dryer, then the ones that are in there can just stay there, right?).  Anyway, to my surprise, the dryer was EMPTY.  "Did Matt fold the clothes?  Did I fold the clothes and forget about it?"  No... none of the above.  I never actually moved my clothes from the washer to the dryer, so they had been sitting wet for 24+ hours.  No biggie.

Till next time, friends...

1 comment:

Honey said...

HAVING TWO KIDS WILL DO THAT TO YOU!