Thursday, April 12, 2012

oh my oh my

It's been like 100 years since I posted.  Or close to that.  I don't know what to say, so I will just write about my kids.

Henry is always making us laugh these days - and when he's not making us laugh, he's making us pull our hair out.  I'm telling you - I wouldn't necessarily use the word "terrible" to describe the twos, but maybe "tiring" or "tricky" or "trying."  Let's just say after I put him down for his nap today, I wolfed down three pieces of pizza and washed that down with some peanut butter m&ms - thank you Easter candy.  Maybe not the most productive way to get some relief, but effective nonetheless.

Anyway.  Here are some of the latest funny things he says.

Mom:  "Henry, what do you want for lunch?"
Henry: "Breakfast!" (He doesn't realize that breakfast is the name of the meal and not an actual food... or maybe he does.)

He hasn't learned to say "I want ANOTHER [fill in the blank]."  Instead he says, "I want another one [fill in the blank]."  Example: Another one cookie.  Another one sip.

He asks for my "sip" all the time.  Also known as "Mama's diet TOKE!"  "Sip mama's diet toke" is the typical request.

I discovered that I must say, "Oh my gosh" a lot.  Because Henry says it now... "Oh dosh!"  And apparently I must say it when I am changing his dirty diapers because that's when we hear it the most... and for the record, we are trying to discourage that phrase - but man, teaching by example can be tough.

My most favorite thing Henry does is when he purposely wakes Sam up, Sam starts crying, and then Henry runs to me and says, "Sammy is awake now!"  (Note sarcasm - this is not my favorite thing he does.)

His newest thing is, "I need [fill in the blank]."  Usually it's something that he absolutely does NOT need.  Like gum, for instance.  Or chocolate milk.  We get in the car and he says, "I want GUUUUUM (whiny voice). I need GUM!"  (And yes, I let him chew gum. And no, he doesn't swallow it.)

This is stuff that I want to remember, but that I also find somewhat funny - when I am not finding it a little annoying.  Cause remember, I hear these things ALL DAY LONG. :)

What about Sam?

Sam is just super fun right now.  How come I didn't remember that babies are SO FUN? Extra bonus - they can't whine or beg or throw tantrums. Not that Henry ever does any of that anyway.

Sammy just had his 4 month check up and he was just dandy.  I definitely did not admit to the pediatrician that he is still sleeping in his swing.  (She discouraged that when we admitted to it at the two month appointment, so I was definitely not gonna fess up this time.)  We like to do what works at this point... Sam actually sleeps pretty well.  He is easy to put to sleep, unlike Henry, but he can't sleep unless he is swaddled and at an incline.  I'm sure this will change soon.  He weighs 15lbs, 6 oz and is 25.5 inches that's 60th% and 75th% respectively - still smaller than his brother was.

He rolls from his tummy to back, but not vis versa and he loves to sit up and be in the exersaucer.

From what I can tell Henry is MAYBE a little more of an introvert - maybe.  And Sam is a little more of an extrovert - but I really can't tell for certain (and I am certain I can't trust my memory).  Most likely they will be confused as to whether or not they are introverted or extroverted like their mom. Actually, I'm not confused - I am an introvert.  Anyway.

Sam's eyes are still blue and they are gonna stay that way. Cause apparently blue eyes are dominant now?  No, but really - I have figured out that my kids actually DO have some of my genes.  Like Henry is allergic to penicillin (like MUA) and he gets ear infections that don't go away (LIKE MUA).  Sam has detached earlobes (like mua).  I still refuse to agree with ANYONE who tries to tell me that Sam has my eyes at all because NEVER in my life have I had squinty eyes.  Never.  Not that I don't love his eyes, but squinty eyes come from his daddy's side of the family.

Okay, if you didn't think I was crazy before this post, you think I am crazy now.

Oh wait.  I have to tell you about my VICTORY SMOOTHIE.  I have gotten Henry to eat TONS of spinach and kale via smoothie.  It's amazing.  I feel like a new woman because my child is eating tons of fruits and vegetables without realizing it!  Here's my recipe. Henry drinks it and he LIKES it.

1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen grapes
1 banana (fresh or frozen)
1/2 apple
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup almond milk (or regular milk - whatever)
and 1 large handful each of kale and spinach (I think you could probably add more and be safe bc I promise you cannot taste it at all.)
Blend and enjoy!  It is sooooo good and he can't taste the veggies.  (And this makes like 2.5 adult servings - so Henry usually has just 1/2 of an "adult" serving.)  Since I also don't particularly enjoy eating kale or spinach, this is a great way for me to get the fruits and veggies too. :)

Longest post ever, but I guess that's what happens when you only post once a month.

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

Ha about stress relief eating! Definitely bought a bag of peanut butter M&Ms at Target today, drove to Starbs to get my frap, and wolfed down the M&Ms in between ordering and pulling up to the window :)

Courtney Squillante said...

Love the post! We have missed you!!

Honey said...

Love hearing about Henry and Sammy even if I have heard it already.
I NEED to talk to Henry and Sammy.