Friday, August 3, 2012

missin' my coffee

Okay, when I wrote "missin' my coffee" up there as the title for the post, that old Selena song "missin' my baby" popped in my head, and now I'm singing "missin' my coffee" to the tune of "missin' my baby."  Sweet.

I'm telling you, Henry KNOWS when I sit down to blog.  The kid wakes up, without fail, the moment I start to type.  (On another note, why, all of a sudden, are my children waking up before 7 AM?  Both of them?)

Back to the point.  Remember, if you will, that I have a 30 before 30 list that I have given myself two whole years to accomplish.  Well, one item on that list is to go an entire week without caffeine.  Since I just made it through the hustle and very short nights of getting the house under contract, and since it took me approximately 750,000 mg of caffeine to survive the past week, I've decided there's no better week to feel like a complete zombie than this... Starting yesterday, I am officially caffeine free... until after next Wednesday.  If I can survive.

[Side note: I've been gone from my computer, and am now back- after an hour and forty-five minutes of need-meeting.]  Now where was I going with all that?  Oh yes...

So yesterday, I survived with the help of a couple of Advil and a nap.  Today, I may have been just a little bummed that I couldn't have coffee to start the day.  Caffeine addiction aside, I do genuinely enjoy having coffee.  Many mornings, I don't finish it, due to aforementioned need-meeting... but on the mornings when things seem to be peaceful and the kids don't both poop at the same time, and they sleep past seven, and don't throw tantrums or steal each other's toys... on those days, I love my coffee.

So, after this week of no caffeine, I will most definitely resume my morning coffee.. However, I may try to keep it at that... morning coffee.  No need to be adding in mid-afternoon coffee, diet coke, and 5:00 (PM) coffee.  (Not that I'm guilty of any of those.)

Hopefully by next Thursday, I will have another item crossed off my list!

No comments: