So Starbucks has this gold card program where, if you maintain "Gold Level" status on your gift card, you can win points towards free drinks. It should go without saying that I am Gold Level, duh.
Anyway, because I have the handy Starbucks app on my phone, I am usually notified that I have earned all my "stars" and that I will be receiving a free drink card in the mail soon. Just recently they changed from sending you a free drink postcard to a free drink email.
So I find myself at Starbucks telling the barista that I never got my last free drink postcard, and he was kindly giving me the info I need to get it. At this point I say something to the effect, "It's probably a good idea that you guys started to e-mail those because if I was the mailman, I would probably steal one every now and then..."
Then the barista points to the customer in front of me, and he goes, "Careful what you say about the mailman... this guy comes in here with free drink postcards ALL the time!" I kid you not, without realizing it, the guy in front of my in line was a mailman! And I don't know if barista was kidding or not about the dude bringing in free drink postcards, but I wouldn't doubt it if it was true!
2 comments:
Ha! That is awesome/I really hope he's never stolen mine because I don't keep close track...
Ah Ha! Seize the guy! He's the one who has Matt's American Express card and various other things that we've sent
Post a Comment