It turns out that these days I am most awake and productive during the hours from about 10PM-1AM. Needless to say when my children wake me up before 7 AM, or at 2:30 AM, I'm not quite fully-functioning.
Forgive me (or don't, whatever) for straight up neglecting my baby (not Sam, the blog). If you must know, it is not the only thing I have been neglecting of late...
I have also been neglecting my half-marathon training schedule... yes, regardless of training, I WILL be in San Antonio on 11/11 running a half-marathon... how that turns out for me will be determined by how much I continue to slack over the next month (less than a month, but rounding up feels better).
I've also been neglecting any sort of healthy eating habits, cooking dinner, sleep, my unpacking/decorating/making-my-house-a-home duties, and (dare I admit) PINTEREST. (Yes, you know it's bad when you neglect Pinterest.)
You may be wondering, what HAVE you been doing Leah? Well, here are the things that I have NOT been neglecting.
Social life.
Community.
Bible Study.
Children. (I didn't say I don't ignore them sometimes.)
Dear Husband.
NBC on Thursday nights.Comfort food.
Laundry.
Now, if I could just switch the comfort food on the "not neglecting" list for the healthy eating habits on the "neglecting" list, then I'd be pretty pleased with life in general. Oh well, there's always hope. I'm joking.
No but for real, if you'll allow me to continue with this very self-involved blog post, I will say that although I am totally worn out most of the days these days, I haven't had much time to focus on myself, which I'm gonna go ahead and say is A WONDERFUL THING... really, really... I only wish I could forget about myself EVEN more... because the way things are going right now - well I am just super happy. God is showing himself to me in new ways, which I hope to share and process with you soon.
For now, though, I need to go get H back to sleep. Later.
1 comment:
Girl! I neglected my blog, and other blogs, for a matter of MANY MONTHS and now I am back! I am so happy that I am because, no surprise here, I love reading your blog! Such a cute post, and can't wait to hear of the new updates! :)
P.S. What is a DINK again? I read that in your "about you"! Ha!
Post a Comment