So, since I fell of the face of the planet last week, I thought I'd fill you in on the life and times...
First of all, remember how Matt got his identity stolen? Well it turns out, the extent to which that happened was/is far greater than we originally thought. The theft had both mine and Matt's information. That includes every address we've ever lived at, bank account numbers, everything you'd find on a credit report, etc... So, theft is in jail after opening accounts at Sears, Best Buy, Home Depot, and renting a U-Haul in Matt's name. And apparently of all these places, Neiman Marcus was the only store who thought the guy was suspicious enough to try to check into beforehand? Thank you Neiman's, if it wasn't for you, we'd have no clue this was happening.
How did he get it? Apparently someone at our home lender's corporate office decided to print that all out and share it for fun? Note: This lender sends us Starbucks cards on our birthdays... I personally think they should send us Starbucks cards for life as an apology for this terribleness that has gone down.
So that's fun?! How do you deal with that? Who knows who else got our info? And we have "protection" for seven years... what happens after that? Whatever, I guess I'm cool with never moving again and paying cash for everything... and trusting in the sovereignty of a good God over what man intends for evil.
Next! We've all been sick- well everyone except Matt. As you remember reading last week, Sam was pretty sick. After several trips and calls to the Pediatrician, we think he may have had RSV, which Henry then got (which is more like a bad cold in a two year old), and then just when we thought we were on the up and up... PUKE CITY! For me, that is. So far no one else has puked. But yes, we got the 24 hour stomach bug. Henry went to sleep with a fever tonight, and I'm hoping he doesn't wake up in a pile of puke.
So that's why you haven't really heard from me. Not only have I been quarantined, but I also haven't quite been functioning.
Ahh, it feels good to be back though.
1 comment:
The sickness plus the identity theft would honestly be enough to send me to an asylum. Hope things calm all the way down soon!
Post a Comment