Saturday, October 27, 2012

long run long shmun

It's flippin' cold outside.  And I'm supposed to leave my house in an hour at 6:30 AM to go run 11 miles with my friend, and I am just N.O.T. excited. Dreading it. DREAD-ING it.

But now that I've gotten my bad attitude out on the table, I think I'm just going to get over it and try to be excited about freezing my buns off and chafing my thighs.

OH MY GOSH.  Just checked temp. It's 44 degrees.  This is terrible.  Seriously, you guys don't know how much I do NOT want to do this.  I guess that's the benefit of training with other people... you can't let them down.  I am 99% sure that if I canceled on my friend, she would still go running.  If she canceled on me, I would get back in bed.

In other news, I voted early yesterday. Anyone else feel like people act weird at the polls?  Like there's just a weird air happening there... maybe people are excited, or nervous, but no one really talks to each other in line, and people seem super serious.  Maybe it's just me.  I felt the urge to ask the people in front of and behind me, "So who ya votin' for?" (As a joke.) I resisted the urge. 

I'm also a little ticked that I somehow forgot to get an "I voted" sticker... my plan was to save it and use it for free stuff on election day.  You think if I go back and show them my receipt they'll give me one?

On that note, I actually e-mailed Starbucks about the free drink card that got "lost" in the mail.  As I was writing my email, I thought to myself, "Really, Leah, are you seriously doing this?"  Yes, yes I am.  Plus the dear hubs appreciates anything free from Starbucks since 95% of our fun money goes there.

I'm sure I've told you this before, but people at work give Matt Starbucks gift cards. BEST. GIFT. EVER!  Why? Because they come straight to me.

That's all for now.  Here's to hoping I see you on the flip side of this dumb run.

4 comments:

the blogivers said...

Ugh, I had to get out of bed early today because we are leaving town, and that was hard enough! Props to you for going running (even if you don't really want to). Also, I would totally email Starbucks... and I would totally question my decision to do so... but I'd still do it.

Sara Lauren said...

how'd it go??

Sara Lauren said...

How'd it go??

Leah said...

The run turned out to be really enjoyable. Thanks for asking SL. :)