Hola long lost blog friends. What's up? I should probably be giving a really awesome reason for why I haven't posted in 10 years, but I don't have one so there goes that...
As usual when it's been awhile, I pretty much just want to write a mini-update about all the funny things my kids are doing and saying so that I have something to look back at in the future. Henry is quite the talker, and Sam pretty much repeats everything Henry says, so we are always feeling entertained - especially at the dinner table.
One of Henry's latest phrases is "No fair!" (Love that one as a parent, right?) Anyway, the first time he said it, it was completely in context and I'm pretty sure he got sent to timeout. Pretty much 99.9% of the time after that he has used it in the completely wrong context, at which point we realized that he doesn't really get what it means but just picked it up while watching Frosty the Snowman. (Still a favorite.) I wish I could think of an out of context "no fair" example now, but I can't.
Of course since Sam repeats almost everything Henry says, he says, "oh fah" (no fair) pretty often himself. Oddly enough, Sam almost always uses it in the correct context. (i.e. Sam, you are going to take a nap in 15 minutes. "oh fah!")
This morning, Henry asked Matt a question, but Matt was across the house in another room. Henry didn't realize this and said, "MOM! Dad is not responding to me!" Definitely the first time I have heard the word "responding" come out of his mouth, but I think it's safe to say Henry will adopt a Gibson vocabulary, which is good bc my SAT verbal score was kind of crummy and Matt's dad still uses words I don't understand.
The latest news with Sam is that he was like the best sleeper ever till about two month ago. We are talking three hour naps every single day, no problems at night... and then one day, he decided not to nap, and now my guess is that he naps 40-50% of the time. He still spends a decent amount of time in his crib, which is like a Pavlovian trigger for him to poop. I kid you not, the kid can poop 5 minutes before I put him in is crib, and he will still poop again when he is supposed to be napping. So Sammy turns 2 on December 8th and has a very "iffy' nap routine. (Even though I leave him in there for 2 hours daily, religiously, regardless.) And Henry dropped his nap when he was 2.5.
NOW, tell me, if you were me and you heard a rumor that four-year-olds in your son's preschool class were still napping consistently everyday, would you be a little jealous? Yes you would, don't lie!
Besides that, Sam's favorite word is "Mow" which is actually "No." Funniest story about that is Matt didn't know Sam was saying, "No," and he said to me, "Have you heard this word that Sam is saying ALL THE TIME now? I can't understand what it is, but it sounds like 'mow.'" Umm yes babe, it's "no" and he's disagreeing with everything you tell him to do.
Well this has gotten long, so I better quit, lest I lose the three of you who are still hanging on... Oh and when I re-read that first paragraph I realized that I wasn't totally truthful... there is at least a small excuse for not blogging in awhile (and well I wasn't really going to tell you, except for wanting to be honest)... and that is that I am 15 weeks into my 3rd pregnancy, and due at the end of April. Woo hoo!
So there you go! Perhaps if I update more often, I won't need to write books each time.
5 comments:
Congrats!!!
So excited for you guys! And I love reading what your life is like!!
Uh, way to just slip that in there at the end! CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to find out if baby G is a boy or a girl! :)
Exciting news- I'd say I look forward to reading about it but I won't hold you to that ;) congrats!
Congratulations!!! How exciting!
Post a Comment