Wednesday, January 1, 2014

T-minus

Hey, hey!  After resolving to post more regularly, I feel sort of crummy about the fact that my last post was on December 18th.  At least it hasn't been a whole month, right?  I can't really believe that today is the start of a new year... it sort of sprung up on me.

Anyway, in honor of New Year countdowns, I thought I'd share my own little countdowns.

T-minus 1 day until we find out the gender of our child!  (It's true.)

T-minus 2 months until Henry turns four.  (PS When is the magic age that they stop whining?)

T-minus less than 4 months until baby Gibson #3 enters the world. Wow, really?

T-minus 5 months until Summer begins and I am suddenly at home with three children all by myself- with no preschool or weekly activities to lighten the blow?!

T-minus 5.5 months until I turn 30!

T-minus 8 months until we take our annual vacation to Orange Beach with my family.

T-minus 11.5 months for me to figure out how to MAJORLY tame down our Christmas day gift exchanges.  (Story to follow? We will see.)

T-minus 1 year until we *hopefully* get to take a ski vacation with Matt's family.

T-minus 16 months until I return to being a normal person again - aka I won't be pregnant or nursing - since I plan to try to nurse for the whole first year this time.  (Another story to follow? Maybe.)

T-minus 20 months until Henry starts Kindergarten.  Tears.  Cause that's really not a long time if we're being honest.

The end.  Of course I'm sure I left out something super important, and I am also sure that my life will not go perfectly according to my plans.  2013 was a really good year, with some really hard times and really good times.  I should probably be more specific. I am nerdy about new beginnings though, and I look forward to what the Lord has planned for 2014 and beyond.



2 comments:

the blogivers said...

Eeek can't wait to find out the gender!! Also, your comment about 16 months until you return to being a normal person again made me laugh - I keep saying, "Only 10 more months until I get my body back!"

Jess said...

Guuurl! I can help lighten the blow of summer and your kids! Just holla!