Tuesday, March 25, 2014

foot in mouth

Up until about last Friday, most of the comments I got from other people regarding my pregnancy went along the lines of, "Wow!  You don't look {insert # of weeks} along!" or "You're so tiny!" Still makes me laugh when they use the word, "tiny."  I didn't realize how much pride I took in those more flattering comments until I got a wide-eyed,

"You sure look like you're ready to have that baby."  and a..

"Wow, I guess the third one just looks like it's gonna pop out at anytime, huh?"

Seriously? People do not think before they speak.  Careful what you say to the preggo.

But to make things even more interesting, let me share how dumb I am.  Right before I went to pick Henry up from school yesterday, I was complaining about these comments to a friend via text (read: looking for sympathy?), and then I got out of my car and started walking into Henry's school at the exact same time as another pregnant mama.

I'm literally thinking to myself, "She must be due any day."  So I ask.

"When are you due?"

"End of May." 

And then I literally had no words except for, "Wow."  Yes.  I said, "Wow." Out loud. #footinmouth.

She asked me, and I said "End of April," and in an effort to hide my shock, I tried to ask her some more questions about her pregnancy, but the look on her face said, "This conversation is over, you 'tiny' jerk."

Yes, I am brilliant.  No, she is not having twins.  Thankfully, I didn't ask.  I did truly feel sorry for her, which may or may not make me even more of a jerk.

Anyway, as far as updates go, I'll share this.  Last night after we put the kids down and ate dinner (and ice cream), I was just done.  I was laying on the couch, and I wanted to talk to Matt, but I couldn't think of anything to ask or say to him.  All of my energy is being used just to make it through the day, and then at some point my brain and body both just shut down, and I am no longer good for anything but going to sleep.  Even watching TV or looking at Pinterest seem like chores.  I know I sound really dramatic.

Truth be told, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have such a helpful husband right now.  Yesterday morning, I noticed Matt had already unloaded the dishwasher, and I had never felt so loved by an empty, unloaded dishwasher in my entire life.  I could have cried.  Last night, when I got the energy to waddle from the couch to the bed, I realized there were two loads of laundry sitting on the bed that needed to be folded, and Matt told me to just lay down and he would fold the laundry while I talked to him (incoherently).  At other points in our marriage, I have taken for granted that Matt helps (a lot) with chores like vacuuming and cleaning up dinner.  Not now.  Thanks for picking up the slack, babe.


Well, It's 4:30 AM, which means it's time for me to go BACK to sleep.  Goodnight.

2 comments:

the blogivers said...

I know we both say this often, but really, Matt and Wade sound like 2 birds of a feather :) glad he is taking good care of his tiny/about to pop baby mama!

Courtney Squillante said...

Haha!! This makes me laugh so hard.