Wednesday, March 5, 2014

weeks fly by!

How has it been since mid-February that I posted?  Weeks are literally flying by, and before I know it, it's been three weeks since I have read any blogs or written any posts!  I'll also admit that a small reason for not posting is because I want to write a "good" post, and therefore if I don't have a good chunk of time, I just don't write.  Oh well.  All that to say, I am glad February is over, and I am so happy it's March!

My life feels like it's been "nesting, hosting, nesting, hosting."  Good thing they go together.  I am not naturally a hostesss... I like it, but it takes a lot out of me.  I know people who are hosting people at their house all.the.time.  (Bless you.)  But for me, to have two or three different "events" at my house in a week for multiple weeks is, umm- special!  I have learned a lot through it though, and I found this little quote on Pinterest that really impacted me and my attitude towards hosting people.
"The heart of hospitality is when people leave your home, they should feel better about themselves, not better about you." - Shauna Niequist, The Power of the Living Room
No doubt keeping this truth in mind has kept me from going insane or from caring too much what people think about me, and instead focusing on trying to make them feel welcome.

On the other hand, NESTING!  Yay! I love making my house a home.  Also, I am a different person than I was when I got married eight years ago.  I never cared a hoot about my house until very recently. 

Anyway, I remember before I had Sam, that I was stressing out so much about what to do with Henry as far as big boy beds/rooms.  So, I'm making it easy on myself this time.  Sam is SUCH a good sleeper that I've decided to leave things the way they are at this point. AKA Henry stays in his room, Sam stays in the crib in his room.  This means baby #3 gets typical baby #3 treatment: temporary housing in the pack n' play in the guest room.  Don't worry, he will be comfy.  I think our kids average two months in our room anyway, so we'll figure out rooming situations as we go. :)  This decision seems to give me the most peace. And peace + 3 children = necessary.

Next.  We celebrated Anniversary #8 yesterday. Whoop.  Matt got me a "deep cleaning" service for our anniversary, which I am stoked about!  When he handed it to me he said, "Hopefully this doesn't offend you." :) Not at all, sir.

Henry turned four last week and got a bike for his birthday.  He loves riding it!  In the last 6 months Henry went from being my kid who would sit by the couch next to me and play iPad games to a kid who won't.sit.still.for.more.than.ten.minutes. I love his little active boy self.

My kids wrestle, tackle, push and shove all the time. Boys, boys, boys. So physical.  I'm pretty sure Sam makes Henry cry as much or more than the other way around, and I have no doubt that Sam is waaaaay fiercer, so I think I would pick him to win a physical fight.

I better wrap this up. Oh, and I am now officially 32 weeks pregnant.  Less than eight weeks till this thing goes down!  Cray!!

1 comment:

Melissa Mezger said...

I hear you about hosting, but you are a great hostess and I always feel so relaxed & well fed at your place. Only 8 weeks (or less)!!!