As I was trying unsuccessfully to go back to sleep, a couple of things kept running through my mind, and I thought I would write them out. Maybe if I put the thoughts out here, they can get out of my head and I will go back to sleep! Let's do this thing bullet point style.
- Jack's middle name is going to be Matthew. It didn't dawn on me until about fifteen minutes ago that while Jack means "God is gracious," Matthew means "Gift of God." I am into name meanings, if you couldn't tell. If we like the name but the meaning is terrible, it's a no go for us. If we like the name and the meaning is good, then bonus. (That's how is was for Henry and Sam.) In Jack's case, we chose the name because of the meaning and the middle name because it belonged to Matt. Double bonus that Matthew reiterates the meaning of Jack: grace and gift. I just thought it was cool.
- This week is my last week with just me, Henry and Sam. I really want to soak up my last few days with just the two of them. The last days for Sam to be the youngest and not the middle. (That by itself could make me weep if I thought about it long enough.) The last days that I can really give them plenty of attention. They have both seemed to grow needier in the attention department the last couple of weeks - probably subconsciously because they realize there's a change coming, and that's been a little hard on me at this stage in the game. But for this week, I'm gonna pray for energy and pony up and try to give my whole self to these sweet boys. I love them a whole lot.
- I've been thinking a lot about prayer. About how much I ask from God. The answer is: not enough! I feel like I'd love to take a whole post to flesh out the thoughts, but bullet point will do for now. I think God, my Daddy, wants me to ask for more from him than I do. Henry and Sam ask of me nonstop. And sometimes the more I give, the more they ask and take. I've thought before that their asking can sometimes draaaaaain the heck out of me, but I've also thought that I am so glad they ask! How awful would it be if my children didn't even bother asking because they just assumed I would say no? God wants me to trust him like a Father. Part of this means asking much of him. I'll leave it there for now.
1 comment:
Thanks for the reminder to ask much of Him in prayer. Convicting thought that we often don't ask because we assume the answer will be 'no.'
Praying that all goes well with your delivery and subsequent adjustment to a family of 5!
Post a Comment