But then I'll just be putting away clothes and suddenly decide that RIGHT NOW is a good time to clean out and organize the file cabinets, or all the printed photos, or the CDs. On that note, can I tell you how unfortunate it is that Matt and I were in high school and college when Napster was popular/legal? SO.MANY.CDs. If I am honest, many of them are future trash.
Yeah, so it's like my brain knows that I need to tone it down, but then the nesting instinct kicks in, and... end of story. Generally speaking in the last few weeks, I have transitioned from "I have to get the WHOLE house ready" to "What are the few things I need to do to get ready for the actual BABY?"
Oh, and he's gonna be a bassinet/pack n' play baby, so guess what! There's really not much for me to do. So I packed a hospital bag, and I think I'll just let Jack wear the same outfit home from the hospital that H and S wore - despite the fact that Sam got some sufficient spit up stains on the neck. I have all the nursing and pumping supplies ready, so umm yeah, I think I'm pretty much ready.
Thanks to the pregnancy books and apps that I busted out for like the 2nd time this entire pregnancy, I remembered that I need a baby book or at the bare minimum, something to get Jack's footprint stamped on. I know I bought a book for Henry, which is currently upstairs in a box I have unofficially deemed my "scrapbook to do" box. Oddly enough, however, I can't remember if I bought a book or just got something else for Sam's footprint. Whichever it was, I am sure I could find Sam's footprint upstairs in the scrapbook box- along with other material dating back to- oh let's see... college!
But if I go up there, I will inevitably begin reorganizing that box. And, to be honest, right now, I am content just letting that box be a closed mystery. Although since organizing and trashing things and cleaning out seems to just be something I impulsively do these days, I'm sure that box will get tackled sometime in the next three weeks. Have I really just spent two paragraphs talking about my scrapbook box?
Also, can we talk about the calendar? First of all, at 37 weeks with Henry, I was pretty much just sittin' around with absolutely NOTHING on the calendar because those dumb books tell you that your baby can be born "any day" at this point. Now it's more like - we have stuff scheduled ALMOST everyday leading up to my due date. Don't the schedulers of all these activities like swim team and school sing-alongs know that I'm having a baby?! (I kid.)
Oh, and as much as I do wish that the world would just stop and nothing would go on after April 28th, it won't. So I even have things on the calendar AFTER my due date, which I most definitely did not after Henry OR Sam was born. So weird to think that Henry was still at home with me all day everyday when Sam was born, and apart from my activities (mom's group through church), we basically had NO activities. Times have changed. Fortunately we have LOTS of help available after Jack comes, and the grandparents can help take Henry and Sam to their activities while I sit at home and deny that the world is still turning.
This is getting long, so I will stop. Gee whiz, I feel like I have so much to chat about. In honor of impending labor, I thought I would re-post my first pics with Henry and Sam. Gotta get in the mindset over here.
| This one was immediately after Henry was born. |
![]() |
| Immediately after Sam. |

1 comment:
I love reading your chatter- probably because I am having so many of the same thoughts! Annnnd, I am a third kid and was born on April 30 and I'm pretty cool, sooo.... :)
Post a Comment