- Run a half marathon. YES
- Memorize Romans 6-8 NO
- Go to the dentist and leave without a single cavity. YES
- Take a kid-free vacation. YES
- Go one week without eating out at all. NOPE
- Complete 50 consecutive push-ups. NOPE
- Go to the Austin Children's Museum. YES
- Learn to mow the lawn. NO
- Take a day at the spa. NAH
- Sponsor a Compassion International child. NO
- Go to a concert at The Backyard. YES
- Go to a concert at Stubbs. NO
- Complete a "do it yourself" project that I would be glad to show off. YES
- Complete the Austin Stone Institute's Women's Development Program. YES
- Learn about a different culture. YES
- Go to a Hill Country Vineyard. NOPE
- Eat at Uchi. YES
- Go stand up paddle-boarding on Town Lake. NOPE
- Read a book that's classical fiction. YES
- Read a book that's fiction, but not classical. YES
- Take a vacation to Gulf Shores Alabama. YES
- Go one week without any caffeine at all. NOPE - not even in pregnancy
- Start my "dream" blog. yes and no
- Disney World! NOPE
- Eat at Gordough's. YES
- Learn to garden (like flowers, not vegetables). NOPE, not really.
- Write a Bible Study YES
- Go to a workout class at my gym. YES (slash why was this on my list, I have done it many times...)
- Go rock climbing (like indoor). NO
- Host a guest at my house who I don't already know. Only if you count my college friend's kids. So yes. (Truth be told, that was not what I meant by hosting a guest, but it will do.)
So that's like 17 out of 30. If you are interested in seeing my progression through the first 13 of these 17, they are all HERE.
For the last FOUR...
Write a Bible Study. When I originally put this on my list, I had no clue that God in his loving-kindness would hand-deliver me an opportunity to serve the women at my church by writing a Bible Study tool for the book of Romans.
Start my dream blog. My dream blog when I wrote this (and maybe still) was one where I share what God is teaching me, in hopes that he might also speak to those who read - kinda deep and theologically oriented. I actually did start this, but I stopped. I'm not sure why. It seems more natural to inter-twine what God teaches me with my "real life" blog. I think. Who knows. Here's the link to the blogger version of my "dream" blog. The fancier version is http://leahgibsonblog.com.
Host a guest at my house who I don't already know. Literally had a couple friends from college come stay with us, and I had never met their kids before. This counts.
Go to a workout class at my gym. Thanks to my pal, Erika, I went to spin class about a week ago. I completely forgot that was on my list... I think the reason being that I am typically a lone worker-outer.
The end. There are so many things I've been meaning to share recently. Hopefully I can write more soon.
2 comments:
Ha. Love this! Happy happy birthday! 30 is fun!!
Would love to have a copy of your Bible study tool for Romans. Btw, #10 is easy... will take <5 minutes :-) http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/share-sponsorship.htm Happy 30th!
Post a Comment