Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Swimming Star


Our neighborhood swim team is like a cult.  Everyone does it, and it is one of the main ways people meet each other and connect. Anyway, I had not even considered that Henry could be a part of the team this year until some friends started to inform me that as early as age 4, they can be on the "pre-team."  I had put him in lessons in January because I wanted at least one kid who could swim this summer when I was flying solo with three.  Henry progressed really well during his lessons so I decided to let him "try out" for the team.  Apart from being hesitant at first because of the new situation, he has really done great!  This past Friday he swam across the entire pool by himself!! I wasn't actually there to see it because Friday was chaotic, and by the time practice rolled around at 5:30 PM I was donesky. Matt said he didn't see it either (we are great parents), but Henry's coach was fortunately excited enough to find Matt after practice and tell him that it happened!  I am just so proud of my little guy! He really enjoys swimming, and this is totally night and day difference from last year when we had to get a refund on our swim lessons because he was so scared!

No comments: