I have been so excited to turn 30. The first two days of this new decade of my life haven't quite set the tone I was looking for, but there's always a silver lining... Here are some pictures that tell the story.
Asleep on the couch with high fevers.
asleep at the pediatrician - on mommy's birthday - and I remembered that I also had to take one of the boys to the pediatrician on my birthday LAST year. New tradition?
High fever.
The morning of my bday at about 5 AM- everyone in the family is awake on the couch. Fevers, vomit, headaches... (It was strep throat!)
And two days into antibiotics, we decided to let Henry swim in his swim meet because he said he still wanted to- until he didn't want to anymore...at the meet...drama from him, drama from me. This is when we remind ourselves, "He is FOUR."
The car ride home from the swim meet was so special that I just started laughing.
Silver lining- Jesus endured the cross and when I consider him and his exchanging my sin for his record, these things seem very small.






2 comments:
Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry it got off to a rough start! You are such a great mommy!
Glad you are able to remember that silver lining. I def need to work on that! Although I am learning the meaning of unconditional love at 2am ;)
Post a Comment