Monday, August 18, 2008

how many times a day does Matt check the weather?

Matt LOVES to check the weather. I mean LOOOOOVES it. He checks the weather almost as frequently as he checks fantasy baseball, ESPN, and his e-mail combined. Never in my life have I known so precisely the chance of rain at a given hour, but thanks to Matt I now know. (Poor Matt. Sooner or later he's going to have to contribute to this blog to defend himself or at least make fun of me somehow!)

One thing you should know about me is that I try really hard not to have expectations. I'm not saying that I try to have low expectations; I just mean that I try to not have any expectations at all. If you're expectations are too high, you constantly get disappointed, and if they are too low, then that's a whole other problem that I don't have time to get into. Anyway...

This obsessive weather checking thing has inevitably created expectations. How can it not? And since meteorologists are overly optimistic when it comes to highs and lows and chances of rain, I am increasingly disappointed... I have found myself saying things to Matt like, "The more you want it to rain, the less likely it is to rain." Also known as looooow expectations and extreme pessimism.

Since Matt's love for weather.com and weather on the eights and the weather channel aren't going away anytime soon, I will have to learn to live with predictions while not succumbing to expectations.

Anyway... that's all I really have to say. And, take heart. If you are ever without access to weather information, you can ALWAYS call Matt.

No comments: