Tuesday, August 26, 2008

more mattisms

Well, it's way past my bedtime, and I can't sleep. So, I will do my favorite thing, which is to tell you more exciting things about Matt. One thing you may not expect about Matt (since he is very responsible and dependable) is that he loses things ALL THE TIME. I'm telling you, the man needs a purse!

I can't possibly begin to tell you how many times he has "lost" his wallet. The first time was our freshman year of college in the CiCi's parking lot in College Station. I remember frantically looking for it all over the place and then finding out it had fallen behind a seat in his car. At this point, I had no idea that losing things was such a common occurrence or I wouldn't have gotten so worried.

Now the story goes a little differently. It usually starts with Matt telling me in a somewhat unsettled tone, "Hmm... I don't know where my [fill in the blank] is..." And my response is usually either to ignore him altogether or to reassure him that he will find whatever it is that he lost this time. I NEVER get frantic when he loses things anymore.

Twice now, I have spotted Matt's belongings on the side of the road while driving. The first time was right after we got married, and it was a pair of shoes that had fallen off the car on his way to work. The second time was about 8 weeks ago, and it was his Ray Ban sunglasses which had also fallen off his car. I must admit that we knew those were lost, and I was actually looking for them on the side of the road. (They were barely visible- sticking out under a pile of leaves.)

In the past month he has "lost" his wallet twice. The first time it was (thankfully) turned in at Whole Foods. The second time he just forgot that he had left it at home.

I find it funny that he has never managed to lose the crackberry.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you find stuff on the side of the road, that is way too funny!

the Boss said...

Matt,
If you need to get out of the house, fell free to stop by anytime. We have extra bedrooms available!

Tracy's Porch said...

You won't believe how much you crack me up. I can't believe you found the boy's shoes!

Rachel Erwin said...

Let's not forget the time in LA when he lost the watch that you had just given him for Christmas. We all looked around the apartment frantically for half an hour until he found it safely tucked away in his bad. Favorite quote: "Dangit, leah told me not to lose this watch when she gave it to me."
:)

Rachel Erwin said...

oops, i meant his bag!