Since Matt has been gone, all healthy eating habits have gone down the drain. The line up? Rudy's, Chick Fil A, Jason's Deli, Chili's (gross I know), Chipotle, and Frozen Pizza. Yes, I am feeling pretty gross right now.
So one of my concerns about Matt going to Haiti was that he'd fall below that all time low weight of 159. This concern was only heightened when I considered that I could possibly be tripling his calorie consumption.
But it's worse than I ever expected.
It turns out that Matt is actually "eating pretty well" there. I talked to him tonight, and those were his exact words. It turns out that the people at the Real Hope For Haiti center are cooking tasty and nutritious meals for Matt and his team. "Greeeeeeat," I thought to myself sarcastically. Why is this a bad thing? Let me answer your question with another question.
Would you want your husband to go to a 3rd world country and get fed better than he does at home? Doubt it.
I am not sure whether I should feel gratitude or shame. Probably both... but I mostly feel shame.
3 comments:
Come see your daddy...I'll feed you!
I did the same thing when Donovan was out of town....Now I'm eating fruit and salads!
Laughing, laughing, laughing!!
Love your line up. Hey a few of those places have healthy options :-)
Post a Comment