Friday, September 26, 2008

home sweet home

Well, I picked up sweet Matt at the airport tonight, and he's home safe and sound. But let's just say that we didn't show much affection right off the bat at our glorious reunion. Although he had showered in Port au Prince, he still smelled very much like Haiti.

Upon entering the house, I issued an immediate mandatory laundry cycle.

"Get the water as HOT as it goes. Empty your suitcase. Everything goes, even those jeans, and I don't care if you wore them or not. Put that dirty clothes bag in there too... all of it. And double the detergent."

Matt is in the shower now, and should be there for awhile. I expect that sufficient cleanliness will take a minimum of 45 minutes.

More updates from his trip to come!

3 comments:

Honey said...

Exactly HOW does Haiti smell?

Tracy's Porch said...

Sounds similar to how I felt when Dale returned from India. yuck!

Jen said...

This is probably one of the most amazing things I've ever read. I totally cracked up. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who can't control my babbling in nervous situations. ;-)

Now, of course, I'm completely prepared with what I'm going to say if I ever see her at random again...which completely assures that I won't.