Friday, October 31, 2008

the latest mattism

A friend of ours told Matt that her sister had saved $50 a month on her electric bill by unplugging everything that they weren't using during the day. (ie lamps, blowdryers, computers, toaster ovens, you get it...)

This info helped Matt's case. We've been at war over this since we got married. Until now, I have insisted (in ignorance) that no electricity is used when the things are off. Matt has never seen it my way. I just don't get it. Unplugging lamps? Really?

This morning I came back to our desktop computer to print something... push the power button... nothing. Oh Matt. I called him to make sure there wouldn't be any other surprises this morning. "Just the lamp," he admitted. Oh Matt.

These little things make me love him. Coming soon: more stories about Matt and the weather.

2 comments:

Leah said...

apparently this wasn't funny to anyone else but me.

Jen said...

i thought it was hilarious! i laughed out loud. i just hadn't read it until today. :)