Thursday, April 23, 2009

panera bread and k-mart

Let me get this out of the way. I stumbled upon Panera Bread's Pre-Grand Opening today at their new location in the Gateway shopping center, and somehow earned free lunch for me, Matt, and my MIL, Kathy. It was total luck. If you think that sort of thing never happens to you, I am proof that there is hope! Anyway, they gave us free lunch under one stipulation, which is that we tell our friends that tomorrow is their GRAND OPENING. So there you go.

Now, here's another thing. Matt and I are not wine snobs. We like it, but if it's just for home, we will go cheap. Granted, we won't stoop as low as Sutter Home or Franzia, but still. So yesterday I called Matt from TARGET to tell him that the Barefoot Wine, which is usually $6 a bottle was on sale there for $5. Big savings right there.

Anyway, I decided to pass on the $1 savings, and tonight Matt said to me, "You should have gotten that wine at K-Mart."

Excuse me? K-Mart?

I love you, but how could you confuse TARGET with ANY discount store EVER? Target is the best, and should not ever be confused with ANY other. BTW, didn't K-Mart run out of business like 12 years ago? That's what I thought.

Sweet husband. I love him.

10 comments:

the blogivers said...

K-Mart is still alive and well in Utah, at least! But agreed - should never be compared to Target. It's like comparing Applebee's to Cheesecake Factory.

Leah said...

Who lives in Utah?

Just kidding. :)

Tracy's Porch said...

Hey, I've stooped as low as Sutter Home :-)

Yes, Target is the best by far!!! Tell Matt that even Ashley knows that.

emily said...

There is a K-Fart...I mean K-Mart in my hometown of Iowa City, IA. If you ever need anything, the next time I go back I can pick you up something. :)

Leah said...

Sutter Home = like a gallon of wine for $6.00. My mom loves it.

Leah said...

Emily, next time you go to Iowa, get me some Sutter Home.

Just kidding.

So far, K-Mart still exists in Utah and Iowa...

The Joiners said...

I see K-mart commercials here in the Houston area, but I just went to their website (naturally) and couldn't find any stores within 800 miles of Houston :) Interesting that they still advertise here? And all this talk about Target and Cheesecake Factory is making me want to spend money!

Unknown said...

Kmart filed for bankruptcy in early 2000s (like 2001 or 2002), came out of it a few years later, then a few years after that merged with Sears. Kmart actually bought Sears, but the new company was named Sears Holding Corp. and the Sears stores and Kmart stores are operated by separate subsidiaries of the Holding Corp. Stock ticker is SHLD, in case you're interested in buying some shares.

Leah said...

Thanks Rita. :)

O.M.G. said...

omg! he thinks you go to Kmart!? that is so funny. there is so much to our female world that men just don't get. that's classic.