"It took me marrying Matt to realize that there really are people in the world who don't enjoy being just a little rebellious. Matt is one of them. But Meyer is probably a little more like me; he has a little bit of a rebellious side (or as my mom likes to call it, an 'edge.')"This edgy rebellion of mine came out twice on good Friday.
First situation was at Chuy's with Matt's family. Let's just leave out the details and say that Matt's 16 year old brother, Mitchell, made a sarcastic remark in response to a question posed by his mother. While I immediately busted out in laughter, Matt and his mom both scolded Mitchell and told him that his joke was "not funny at all." I then ducked my head and tried to hide the fact that I was laughing. Oops.
The second situation happened about an hour later when we were attending the Good Friday service at a Lutheran church with Matt's family. Matt's youngest brothers were not thrilled about having to go to the service, so we were trying a little bit harder to be optimistic and set a good example. That pretty much went down the pipe about two minutes into the service. You see, the script for the service was written in the 1800s, and it consisted of liturgy followed by very dramatic transitions into opera style music. At every transition, I started to snicker, and I eventually had to pull out my Bible and ignore the singing just so that I wouldn't be a bad influence on Matt's brothers. I'm pretty sure Matt "ssshhhed" me about five times before we left... but I caught him holding back laughter.
Anyway, Matt became an adult when he was 11, and we're still not sure about me.
4 comments:
haha, i am the same way. i always laugh when i shouldn't and once i start i cannot hold it in.
Hilarious! Susie and I always laughed uncontrollably in church
Have I ever told you how much I enjoy the fact that your blog says, "Awesome Alert?"
i think that some of "us" may never really become adults, leah...
Post a Comment