Here are my favorite quotations (along with my commentary) from the linked post:
“We support compassion for the even the smallest animals," says Bruce Friedrich, VP for Policy at PETA. “We support giving insects the benefit of the doubt."
Giving the insects the benefit of the doubt? What does that even mean?! You may think that the fly is bothering you on purpose, but it's best to assume that they aren't trying to be annoying. Innocent until proven guilty after all.
"Friedrich says PETA supports 'brushing flies away rather than killing them' and was disappointed that the President had gone ahead and squashed the pesky fly."
I mean, most likely it won't come back if you brush it away, right? And since Newsweek's Evan Thomas thinks Obama is 'sort of God,' wouldn't you think that he'd be able to get the fly to go away by merely saying, "Shoo fly! Don't bother me!"
"This afternoon PETA sent a Katcha Bug, a device which traps bugs and allows their safe release back into nature to the White House."
Let's safely release that fly back into nature so it can get swallowed by a frog. I personally think the frogs should consider turning vegan.
And if I have to hear more about how the spanking police are upset with Kate Gosselin for spanking one of her sextuplets, I might have to get up and move to a different country on my birthday.
"Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him." - Proverbs 13:24
And here is two 'versions'(I suggest you watch both of them.) of the YouTube video of the Pres swatting the life out of that defenseless, innocent little fly. May he rest in peace.
I think turning 25 has given me a new boldness.
3 comments:
Number one, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL!!!! QUARTER CENTURY, way to go.
This is Sarah, you know "you're friend who wouldn't even kill an ant." May I just say, flys and roaches are different and the more that are left alive, the more we will have to deal w/ them. Kill them all.
Also, this post is very timely because just this morning I found a dead mouse in the kitchen of the place I'm staying at in D.C. I'm gonna try to move out Friday, nough said. You think PETA would want me to bury the little sucker? He was actually a cute little guy, but I couldn't get to close w/ out wanting to hurl for purposes of understanding that I'm competing w/ mice for living space and food which is just unnatural in this day and age.
not to mention that it might have a disease... please don't touch it.
I thought about posting about this as well, but since you beat me to it I figured I should at least leave a comment.
Its good to see that a strong belief in the ridiculousness of PETA is something we can all come together over. Hilarious.
Happy late birthday!
Post a Comment