Wednesday, June 3, 2009

boo ya fo shizzle

You know, in the last few weeks I haven't had the good fortune of encountering (or even creating) very many awkward situations - and Matt hasn't been doing anything too crazy either, much to my blog's dismay (and yours of course). I hate that Gibbizarre is in this dry season - lacking spice and flava - but I assure you, it shall pass. In the meantime, let me give you the headlines.

Matt is still losing things.
Matt did lose his sunglasses the other day. He eventually found them on the floor of his car. Yes, these are the same sunglasses that I found on the side of the road about a year ago. Trust me, I didn't panic when they went missing. I know, I know, this is not fun news.

I have ceased the typical blogger ranting...
...about whatever happens to be bothering me at the moment like how much I can't stand the song "Halo" by Beyonce. Okay, I haven't stopped ranting completely. But does anyone out there really like that song?

Twitter makes me and Matt both want to kick and scream.
In one week, I joined twitter, became obsessed with twitter, and now completely can't stand twitter anymore at all, even if it's a good tool in certain circumstances. I'll refrain from elaborating and just say sometimes when I read people's tweets I get ÜBER-frustrated. (My problem not theirs.) Am I the only one with twitter disdain around here? I know that at least Matt feels that way.

We had another Mars/Venus conversation.
Leah is wearing her new skinny jeans.
Matt: "You sure do like wearing those jeans."
Leah: "What's that supposed to mean?"
Matt: "It's not supposed to mean anything; you just wear them a lot."
Leah: "Well Matt, I don't have any clothes, so I wear all of my clothes a lot. Why did you specifically say that I wear these jeans a lot? Do you not like them?"
Matt: "No, I like them, I was just making an observation."
Leah: "And I was just clarifying your observation."
Matt: "I am just not going to say any of my observations out loud from here on out."
Leah: "No, you should make observations, but they should all be positive. If they are negative, or even neutral, then you should expect that I am going to ask you what you mean."
Matt (rolling eyes): "Okay."

Ladies, how would you respond to a comment like that?

7 comments:

Erin Mills said...

Leah,

I feel like I could copy and paste your blog right onto mine. 1. I struggle to not use the *HATE* with Beyonce's "Halo"...however, any synonyms with *HATE*, consider them used. 2. Insert any of the hate synonyms for twitter for me too. Holler. 3. Cullen and I regularly have Mars/Venus conversations. These happen at least daily.

the blogivers said...

Haha, I always love that you sound just as hostile as me in some of your posts :) And I mean that in a good way!

The Joiners said...

Ha I would respond the same way for sure, followed by several minutes of pouting :)

Honey said...

Funny! I would probably take Matt's comment to mean that he is sick of seeing you in those jeans. Of course, I could die laughing at your comment that you don't have very many clothes so you wear them all a lot. Have you seen your closet? ILY, Mom

Mike said...

Thought you might enjoy the new Time magazine cover story:

http://mashable.com/2009/06/04/time-magazine-twitter/

susan said...

tell him what you REALLY wanted him to say~ like "honey, you look great in your SKINNY jeans"

Leah said...

Susan, I think that would be way too easy. :)